Friday, February 25, 2011

Endocrinologist Visit....


Hello and Happy Friday!! Finally the week is over, this week was pretty long and dragging for me. Eighter way hope you all have a great weekend.. The forecast for us here in Southern Cali is rain all weekend.. I don't mind the rain. I love rainy schedule, stay home, movie marathon weekend.. lol!!

On another note... Yesterday was my 4 month follow up with my Endocrinologist, and believe me I dread going to these appointments but I know I have to keep them. If you ask why I hate them?? It's because I know that I always get told a thing or two.  Sometimes I have to prepare my self mentally before I go there. I was really tempted to call and reschedule my appointment yesterday morning but I had already told myself no I can't do that. So I went.... =)

The first thing when I checked in was to give up my insulin pump.. The reason for this was to upload all my information from the past 4 months. There is no way of cheating yourself out of this one because every time I check my blood it automatically uploads my glucose readings to my pump..   No Log books... I can't change the readings = )... So here I am waiting for the doc and my readings. My doctor checked my feet, blood pressure , glucose reading at the time and temperature every thing was normal. Then she said "Ok now to the good stuff"... TUNN TUN TUTUNNN!!!! All i hear is WOW!!!! what have you been doing??? Your readings look great and what ever you are doing keep doing it!!! Oh, I could've just fainted at the time cause I was waiting for the worse... Sigh of relief!!!! fewwww! Well I have been trying my best to eat a lot better. Keeping track of my carbs and walking a lot more. It actually feels good to walk. It just makes me feel brand new for some reason.. I do have to be honest sometimes it gets hard for me. But I have a lot to live for so I continue to push  forward.  




4 comments:

Adriana said...

I'm so glad you are doing better! Congrats and keep it up, I guess I better pick something healthy for Monday. LOL

Isela said...

Thanks Adri, lol!! Now I am in a major crunch I have to loose 40lbs in 6 months... Do you think I can do it??? I don't know...

Gris said...

Keeo your head up girl, you can do it.

Thanks for following me. I'm now following you.

Isela said...

Thanks Gris, and thanks for following.. I made a promise to myself just this Saturday.. and I have to stick to it.. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...