Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How to get my son to sleep in his own room??

I have been dealing with trying to get my son to sleep in his own room for quite some time now.
My son is 3 1/2 years old and is still sleeping in our bedroom. No, not in the same bed but in the same room. His crib is one of those that go through the stages with your toddler turns into a day bed then to full size bed. I am sorry to say but my baby better be out our room by the time he is using a full size bed.. (hee hee). On Monday I decided to give it a try and tell him that tonight sweetie you are sleeping in your own room. So we walked together to his room tucked him under the sheets, said a prayer, read him a good night bed story looked for the moon through the window and said my good nights.. In the back of my mind I said to myself "WOW" this is really going to work!! I went back to my bedroom got in to bed said good night to my hubby and I even told him I can't believe he is really doing this...... 30 minutes later..... Guess who was at my bed side... Yes, you guessed it.. My 3 year old son was there saying he wanted to hop in to our bed. I guess I will have to try again. First attempt failed... I have many more to attempts to try.

2 comments:

Adriana said...

I wish I had some advice, but as you know JD is still sleeping in our room too! LOL

Isela said...

I will try my second attempt during the weekend.. and see how that goes.. Yes, I guess all with moderation.. I guess I shouldn't have expected it to go well the first night.. We will succeed!!! lol!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...