Saturday, August 28, 2010

Detour...

Today the hubby and I had lots going on around the house. We managed to get up at a very descent time. When I say descent it really means 9:00 am. The weekends are usually like this just because we do drive the distance during the week to get to work. Working 70 miles away from home can get exhausting but we have no problem with it right now. So today I told the hubby to join me on some errands and what not. Post office first stop, grocery store next then Target. ( I love Target) They have everything there. As we were driving to Target I remembered that I had not had the chance to use my newly bought DSLR camera. I recently purchased a Nikon D5000 and I was so eager to get out and take a few shots. So I told my husband lets go home and drop of the groceries because I knew the trip was going to be a long one. =) hee hee! As we were unloading the stuff out the car I figured I'd go and get my camera just in case... See I live out in Murrieta, CA it is still surrounded by beautiful mountains, horses and lots of trees. Once my husband found out I brought the camera he said he would take me up some hills to get great shots. So we ended in Winchester, CA at Lake Skinner. Lake Skinner is one of Riverside County Parks. I couldn't believe this place is right in our back yard. There is still so much we haven't seen in our 2 years living out here. But today was the day with did. Lake Skinner has everything.. from Fishing, Campgrounds, Boating, Picnic Areas and Biking trails. I couldn't believe how beautiful and relaxing this place was. We plan to come here again. The entrance fee for the day was $5 dollars. Very well worth the Five dollars. Here are some pictures I was able to take..










After that we continued to head down Winchester Road and came across the Temecula Vineyards. I haven't had the honor to go Wine tasting yet... Yes, I know it's so close almost in my back yard. I had my hubby drive in so I can get some shots of the vineyards and asked if we can please make it out here soon..



2 comments:

Adriana said...

How fun to just get out and drive until you find that one perfect place! These are some amazing shots, you're a natural!

Isela said...

Thanks so much for the comment Adri.Yes, it's fun to just get out and explore your surroundings. I guess sometimes we just don't know what's in our back yard. Luis said just let me know what location catches your attention to stop so you can take some shots. I said we would be stopping at every corner. Lol!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...